We are currently looking to fill 1 full time position and 1 part time position.
The Northern Brain Injury Association (NBIA) currently has two openings for our new Smithers area office. We are seeking a full-time (up to 37.5 hours a week) position for the Smithers – Bulkley Valley area, and a part-time (20-25 hours per week) position to serve the Bulkley Valley. Ideally, our part-time position will be based in the Hazelton BC area.
These positions offer and require a great deal of flexibility. No two days are alike, and your schedule could change several times in the day. The ideal applicants will have a diploma/degree in health or social services, a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, and be able to work independently. You will be expected to operate a regular office schedule with a predictable office open time for public access.
NBIA offers a competitive salary package with a starting wage being $22.88, an enhanced vacation package, and a short term illness plan. You will be supported in your role by a dedicated team of professionals located throughout Northern BC.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Case management – direct client services (Approximately 60% of your time)
- Community education – teaching about brain injury, setting up booths at events, etc. (Approximately 10% of your time)
- Community development – increasing awareness to businesses and community groups (Approximately 10% of your time)
- Support Group Facilitation. (Approximately 20% of your time)
- Staff are also expected collect data as directed, and to complete reports on a regular schedule.
If you believe you are the right person for this job, please email your resume cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.